Maintenance and Support
Need for Maintenance and Support
Computer networks are dynamic entities which
become inadequate without proper support and maintenance. Some
of the reasons why they become outdated are:
- The number of users on the network increases
- User's workstations become more powerful
- New applications demand more or different network services.
- Making the network more manageable for changes, moves and
- Improving reliability and the redundancy of the network
- Adding new equipment
At Techno-Transfers, we are ready to accept
the challenge of keeping your network up to date and working
at top speeds and efficience levels. Our
network support and maintenence services include:
- Monitor and manage your network
- Identify and address potential problems before they occur
by monitoring system logs for any errors or warnings. These
error or warnings in the system logs may indicate problems
that are occurring behind the scenes, that will lead to future
crashes and problems.
- Create and configure new user accounts.
- Install and configure new hardware or software equipment.
- Install, configure and maintain anti-virus software.
- Maintain firewall software updates.
- Maintain network firmware updates.
- Spy-ware and Ad-ware Protection. Installation of anti spy-ware
software (if desired) and set up of regularly scheduled spy-ware
scans to prevent being infected and compromising your data,
thus stealing valuable productivity of your staff.
- De-fragmentation of client PC's and servers to maintain
- Unlocking user accounts and resetting passwords if necessary.
- Monitor backup battery levels on servers to ensure that
power failover occurs in case of an outage.
- Data integrity monitoring and modification detection solution.
Monitor backup logs to maintain data integrity and to ensure
that current backups are indeed available in case of system
- Security Auditing and Intrusion Detection and Prevention
solution. Monitor security logs and if desired, monitor bandwidth.
An increase in bandwidth utilization (decreasing CPU performance)
could be a sign of intrusion attempts. Apply security patches
to all network servers. Apply security patches to any other
application software used.
- On-call response and phone support.